Last October, we traveled to London. My husband had some work to do and I had some time off. So we flew over together a week before his job began and did some exploring. We both loved it and these were the things I liked better about London than New York.
London Loves1. How clean and fast their metro system was. I never waited more then 2 minutes for a train.
2. How walkable the city seemed compared with New York.
3. How much history surrounded me. New York at times can feel old. The building I live in is over a hundred years old but that's young compared with so many English buildings.
4. The beauty of the architecture I think Big Ben maybe one of the most gorgeous structures I have ever seen.
5. Cath Kidston.
6. Paperchase stores.
7. Twining Tea. Their English Earl Grey and Lady Grey blends are totally different from the US versions of the tea. Of course the UK version is 10 times better. (Next time I go I will buy multiple tins of the loose leaf)
8. I ate raw honey comb for breakfast on bread and it was amazing.
9. The cheeses were made from raw milk and were exquisite.
10. How fashionable the Men and Women were with their scarves and knitwear. Women rock scarves in NYC but I feel like the men don't wear them like they should. A great scarf can really be an attractive accessory on a man and they keep you so warm!
I hope we get to go back this year. The grass is always greener on the other side of the pond.
Plus I need more tea. -- Megan